Deep in the desert lies one of the largest gas fields in Oman, producing one billion cubic feet of gas per day. With safety being their first and foremost priority, BP engaged with us to advance their modern licensed clinic in Oman to practice emergency medicine to serve the population of more than 5,000.
Located 350 km from secondary healthcare and 650 km from tertiary healthcare, BP understood the importance of investing in pre-hospital services. Therefore, the main functions of the clinic include primary health, emergency medicine, disaster management, occupational health services, public and environmental health.
The main health programmes delivered in Khazzan were designed to be aligned with best practices from the Ministry of Health, World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as oil and gas best practices. The programme covers:
- Primary healthcare and public heath
- Medical emergency management
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Fitness for task medical assessment
- Health promotion at workplace
- Heat stress
- Medical records management with electronic software
- Healthcare waste management programme based on the Ministry of Health guidelines
For more information on how we can support your onsite medical programmes, contact us.